What is Sattvic Food?
Sattvic foods are nourishing foods which keep up a steady, calm mind and help in sharpening the mind and increase the sense of empathy. A sattvic diet consists of veggie and does exclude nourishments got from animals that have been hurt. It is essential that nourishments are developed regularly and don’t contain additives, artificial flavors, etc..
Steps to make your Diet more Sattvic
- Get processed foods out of your diet – food that helps in digestion, and over time impairs the Digestive system ability to process foods which are hard for digestion like – Artificial Sugar, Spicy Foods, Fried Foods, etc..
- Eat Natural whenever possible – A Natural food contains a lot of the microbes and enzymes that our body wants for correct digestion and immune
- Convert your meals three times a day – 30% Breakfast, 50% Lunch, 20% Dinner.
- Have your meal 4hrs before going to bed.
- Drink plenty of water in a day, have a small cup with your meal, if necessary.
- Daily Yoga practices improve the digestive systems of your body to work correctly.
- Design your meal as per Yogic Diet.
- Some natural spices that aid for digestion including Cumin, Coriander, Fennel, Ginger, and Cardamom.
The Sattvic diet generally consists of:-
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Whole grains and nuts
- Dairy products like Ghee, Milk, Curd, Buttermilk
- Beans and lentils
- Plant-based oils
- Mildly natural sweet foods like honey, molasses, maple syrup
- Spices such as ginger, turmeric, coriander, cinnamon, and basil.