Yoga Nidra is an ancient practice that becoming increasingly popular as both a type of meditation and mind treatment. It is a systematic type of guided relaxation and a combination of awareness and relaxation. It is not the unconscious sleep of time, and anybody can do it. It doesn’t include physical ability, so regardless of whether you have a well-being condition, you can practice Yoga Nidra. In this meditative practice, we are working on giving up, surrendering, and just being own-self.
Yoga Nidra is not only important because of its coolness but also by doing yoga, your body increases the energy level and to maintain that level or conserve the energy, yoga nidra is essential. Today when everybody is fighting with many kinds of illness, yoga nidra turns into a salvage to cure many of them. Yoga Nidra also prepares you for the pranayama & meditation and give relief from emotional, physical and mental illness.
The essential to keep in mind.
- The stomach should be Light before going to Yoga Nidra.
- The place where you do Yoga Nidra should be clean, comfortable and Silent.
- After the yoga session, Yoga Nidra cools down your body.
- Restore and bring the body back to average temperature.
- Activate all systems of your body, and make them capable of absorbing the effect of yoga asana.
Steps of Yoga Nidra
- Lying on supine position (on your back), close your eyes and relax. Take full breaths gradually.
- Take your concentration towards the right foot, hold there for a couple of moments and relax. At that point, move your attention towards the thigh, knee, and abdomen. Know about your right leg by taking your care to each part of it.
- Simultaneously, the same process with another leg.
- Presently, move your attention to different parts of your body.
- Then, repeat the procedure with your arms and loosen up them.
- Take full breaths and watch the vibes that you will feel in your body as you will be more aware of every single part of it. Relax and remain in this position for some time.
- Now, in the wake of getting to be mindful of your body, swing to your right side. Swinging to the right side influences you to inhale through your left nostril which helps you to cool the body.
- Sit up when you are awake. At that point, slowly open your eyes.